Free Quotes on Love,Life,Laugh

Free Quotes on Life

1. “In a word, neither death, nor exile, nor pain, nor anything of this kind, is the real cause of our doing or not doing any action, but our opinions and the decisions of our will.”

2. “Where is the good? In the will. Where is the evil? In the will. Where is neither of them? In those things which are independent of the will.”
“Who then is the invincible? It is he whom none of the things disturb which are independent of the will.”

3. “Man is disturbed not by things, but by the views he takes of them.”

4. “No man is free who is not master of himself.”

5. “Wherever I go it will be well with me, for it was well with me here, not on account of the place, but of my judgments which I shall carry away with me, for no one can deprive me of these; on the contrary, they alone are my property, and cannot be taken away, and to possess them suffices me wherever I am or whatever Ido.”

6. “I am formed by nature for my own good: I am not formed for my own evil.”

7. “If, therefore, any be unhappy, let him remember that he is unhappy by reason of himself alone.”

8. “Every person must deal with each thing according to the opinion that he holds about it.”

9. “Permit nothing to cleave to you that is not your own; nothing to grow to you that may give you agony when it is torn away.”

10. “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.”

11. “God is best worshiped in the shrine of the heart by the desire to know and obey him.”Marcus Aurelius:”It loved to happen.”

12. “The universe is in change, life is an opinion.”

13. “Get rid of the judgment … get rid of the ‘I am hurt,’ you are rid of the hurt itself.”

14. “The mind in itself wants nothing, unless it creates a want for itself; therefore it is both free from perturbation and unimpeded, if it does not perturb and impede itself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...